The human need to treat liquid waste was devoid of direct economic outlook.The main goal of man was to protect the environment from the dangers of pollution.After the world’s need for every drop of water and drought has become a threat to humans, the real value of treated sewage has taken on a deeper dimension…
Hence the need to develop and multiply processing systems to suit different purposes, and to have an economic return that does not necessarily make a profit, but at least make up a significant part of the costs of the process of treatment and maintenance of the system’s facilities in the form of crops that can be used and obtained from these wastes, whether liquid or solid…
It has been found that biological bioremediation systems are the most effective methods to apply, and are suitable for conditions, as well as that its efficiency in treatment meets the requirements of environment, public health and irrigation purposes at the same time.
Organic fertilization is also important in modern agriculture especially for sandy soil containing a little organic matter, so organic fertilization has now become a cornerstone for increasing the productivity of agricultural land and reducing environmental pollution resulting from the use of chemical fertilizers.
The Raysut Treatment Plant in is designed to treat household wastewater by removing pollutants up to 98%. The plant contains four types of treatment:
- Physical treatment that depends on mechanical filters, precipitation and filters to remove stuck materials.
- Biological treatment that is a natural treatment based on the provision of an environment suitable for a particular type of bacteria to remove organic matter, nitrogen and pathogenic parasites.
- Chemical treatment that is based on the addition of certain chemicals such as chlorine to remove pathogenic parasites from treated water, and sodium epoxide to neutralize gases and remove odors.
- Heat treatment that is a special treatment of the sludge to remove pathogenic parasites and also remove the moisture up to 95%.
Based on previous treatment types, Raysut Treatment Plant has been designed to operate at stages as follows:
- Preparatory treatment stage.
- Primary treatment stage.
- Secondary treatment stage.
- Sand filters stage.
- Sterilization stage.
- Sludge treatment stage.
- Thermal drying stage.
Wastewater Reclamation Plant
Raysut Water Treatment Plant is considered the main facility of Salalah Sanitary Draining Services Co.,
The treatment plant receives only household sewage through the transmission and distribution network, and serves 95% of the city of Salalah.
The plant is designed on the principle of triple treatment to obtain excellent quality of water and reuse it in non-household activities in safe ways such as irrigating the green areas and industrial uses, in addition to supplying the groundwater reservoir.
During the second phase of the expansion of the plant, high-tech units have been added, such as thermal drying units for the treatment of sludge in preparation for its use as organic fertilizer for agricultural crops, as well as the ozone unit that has also been added to sterilize highly treated water to eliminate the remaining pathogenic parasites.